Greetings and love to each of you reading this Blog. I trust that so far 2018 has been a good year for you.
What makes a good year? I think most of us would say a year full of love, joy and progress in our lives. I would like to offer another way to look at not only February, but every month of the year.
One of the reason I love February is because it is full of holidays. Let me list a few I was able to find.
- February 2nd – Groundhog Day- Now where you live this might not be a big deal, but here in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, it is a big deal. There really is a groundhog and in some parts of our county, a ceremony to see if the groundhog sees its shadow.
- February 14 – Two holidays – Valentine’s Day and Ash Wednesday – both of these days are full of love. The first is Valentine’s Day when sweethearts find a way to share love with each other and those around us. I sent over 50 valentines this year because I wanted people to feel loved. The second is Ash Wednesday when we remember the sacrifice that Jesus made for our salvation. It is a very special day when the love of God is recognized.
- February 16 – The Celebration of Chinese New Year.
- February 19 – President’s Day and Eastern Orthodox Lent begins. One celebrates the birthdays of Presidents Washington and Lincoln and the other is a very special religious holiday.
- February 23 – my birthday – I will be 76 and am excited to still be traveling, speaking, and serving the Lord in various ways. We must always celebrate life. It is precious and a gift from God.
Throughout the year we celebrate so many things – holidays, occasions such as weddings, graduations, birthdays, and those amazing moments when we experience things so special it is beyond words. For me that occurs with “Night To Shine” which happens every year in February and is for those who are mentally challenged.
Shelly, my youngest daughter who is now in her 50’s and mentally challenged looks forward to this special evening every year. I am attaching a picture of her all dressed up for her special night of dancing, dinner and fun with a buddy that was chosen especially for her. These events are held all over the country on the same night and sponsored by Tim Tebow.
Remember every month brings joy, sorrow, achievements, disappointments and always opportunities to make a difference in our families, churches, places of work and to each individual we meet, work with or love.
Be blessed my dear friends and remember to celebrate every day – it truly is a gift from God.